“Here's an easy, fluffy hollandaise sauce that makes any vegetable elegant,” shares Millie Vickery of Lena, Illinois. “It's especially good with spring asparagus, broccoli or green beans.”
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Cooked asparagus spears or vegetable of your choice
- In a small heavy saucepan, whisk mayonnaise and milk until blended.
- Cook and stir over low heat for 3-4 minutes or until warmed. Add the
- lemon juice, peel, salt, and pepper; cook and stir until heated
- through. Serve immediately with asparagus or vegetable of your
- choice. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 160 calories, 17 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 194 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.