Mock Ham Salad Sandwiches
"MY MAMA'S sandwich filling tastes good whether you make it with ham or bologna. I loved it when I was young, and I've made it for my own family for years. A heaping scoop on a big hamburger bun never failed to satisfy my active boys' appetites."
8-10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 pound chunk bologna, ground
- 2 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet pickles
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- 8 to 10 sandwich buns, split
- In a bowl, combine bologna, eggs, onion and pickles. Add mayonnaise;
- toss lightly until combined. Cover and chill.
- To serve, place a lettuce leaf on each sandwich bun, if desired, and
- top with about 1/3 cup ham salad; replace bun tops. Yield: 8-10
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 413 calories, 27 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 934 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.