"MY MAMA'S sandwich filling tastes good whether you make it with ham or bologna. I loved it when I was young, and I've made it for my own family for years. A heaping scoop on a big hamburger bun never failed to satisfy my active boys' appetites."
- 1 pound chunk bologna, ground
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet pickles
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- 8 to 10 sandwich buns, split
- In a bowl, combine bologna, eggs, onion and pickles. Add mayonnaise; toss lightly until combined. Cover and chill.
- To serve, place a lettuce leaf on each sandwich bun, if desired, and top with about 1/3 cup ham salad; replace bun tops. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Mock Ham Salad Sandwiches in Reminisce Extra June 1993, p47
Reviews for Mock Ham Salad Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review