Mock Guacamole Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mashed ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- Assorted fresh vegetables or tortilla chips
- 1. Place peas and water in a saucepan; cook for about 2 minutes or until heated through. Drain; place peas in a food processor or blender. Add sour cream, avocado, lemon juice, garlic, cumin and hot pepper sauce; cover and process until smooth. Stir in tomato and onion. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve with vegetables or tortilla chips. Yield: 1-2/3 cups.
2 tablespoons of dip equals 25 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 25 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Mock Guacamole
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.