"This tempting mixture is a light alternative to traditional guacamole," assures field editor Diane Molberg of Emerald Park, Saskatchewan. "No one will guess the secret ingredient is peas."
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mashed ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- Assorted fresh vegetables or tortilla chips
- Place peas and water in a saucepan; cook for about 2 minutes or until heated through. Drain; place peas in a food processor or blender. Add sour cream, avocado, lemon juice, garlic, cumin and hot pepper sauce; cover and process until smooth. Stir in tomato and onion. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve with vegetables or tortilla chips. Yield: 1-2/3 cups.
Originally published as Mock Guacamole in Taste of Home August/September 1998, p17
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Mock Guacamole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review