- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mashed ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- Assorted fresh vegetables or tortilla chips
- Place peas and water in a saucepan; cook for about 2 minutes or until heated through. Drain; place peas in a food processor or blender. Add sour cream, avocado, lemon juice, garlic, cumin and hot pepper sauce; cover and process until smooth. Stir in tomato and onion. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve with vegetables or tortilla chips. Yield: 1-2/3 cups.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Mock Guacamole
Sort By :
I have made this many times and always get good reviews. While the texture is different than traditional guacamole the taste is superb. I generally use one small avacado instead of just 2 Tbsp but othrwise follow the recipe to a T. Great lower fat alternative!