Mock Filet Mignon Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 bacon strips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the beef, rice, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Shape into six round patties. Wrap a strip of bacon around each patty; fasten with a wooden toothpick.
- 2. Place in an ungreased shallow baking dish. Bake at 450° for 20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 379 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 834mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein
Reviews for Mock Filet Mignon
"I made this with ground venison, and they were rather dry. Could be due to the next to zero fat content in the meat. I didnt add the salt either, i try not to use salt, but in this case it needed it. Thought the saltiness of the bacon would have been enough, I was wrong. All those things were of my doing, and have no influence on my decision to give this dish a lowly 3 star, that is based on the fact that bacon NEVER began to crisp up even after 30 minutes in the oven. If it would have even a tiny bit cripsy, I would have been rather pleased with this dish. Would recommend (if using venison) to add a bit of oil to the meat, and dont leave out the salt."