Mock Filet Mignon Recipe
I get rave reviews— plenty of requests for the recipe!—whenever I serve this to friends and family.—Cheri Legaard, Fortuna, North Dakota
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 bacon strips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the beef, rice, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Shape into six round patties. Wrap a strip of bacon around each patty; fasten with a wooden toothpick.
- 2. Place in an ungreased shallow baking dish. Bake at 450° for 20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 379 calories, 22 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 834 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC