- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 bacon strips
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, rice, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Shape into six round patties. Wrap a strip of bacon around each patty; fasten with a wooden toothpick.
- Place in an ungreased shallow baking dish. Bake at 450° for 20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mock Fillet Mignon in Country Ground Beef 1993, p41
Reviews for Mock Filet Mignon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2011
This recipe tastes a lot like meatloaf with bacon. It was still very good and smelled great while cooking. I followed the recipe to the tee and ended up with 9 servings instead of the 6 that it lists. Left over food is never a bad thing though :)