I found a mock eggnog recipe in a newspaper, made a few changes and this is the result. Our family loves it during the holidays.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 quarts cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant French vanilla or vanilla pudding mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Additional nutmeg, optional
- In a large bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2
- minutes. Beat in the sugar, nutmeg, vanilla and salt if desired. In
- another bowl, beat cream until thickened, about 3 minutes. Stir into
- pudding mixture. Refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with additional
- nutmeg if desired. Yield: about 2-1/2 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 258 calories, 15 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 240 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.