I found a mock eggnog recipe in a newspaper, made a few changes and this is the result. Our family loves it during the holidays.
- 2 quarts cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant French vanilla or vanilla pudding mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Additional nutmeg, optional
- In a large bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes. Beat in the sugar, nutmeg, vanilla and salt if desired. In another bowl, beat cream until thickened, about 3 minutes. Stir into pudding mixture. Refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with additional nutmeg if desired. Yield: about 2-1/2 quarts.
Originally published as Mock Eggnog in Country December/January 2001, p51
Reviews for Mock Eggnog
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 8, 2014
"This was much thinner and not as sweet as eggnog. It also did not have that distinct eggnog flavor. Not sure how to adjust the recipe."