I found a mock eggnog recipe in a newspaper, made a few changes and this is the result. Our family loves it during the holidays.
- 2 quarts cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant French vanilla or vanilla pudding mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Additional nutmeg, optional
- In a large bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes. Beat in the sugar, nutmeg, vanilla and salt if desired. In another bowl, beat cream until thickened, about 3 minutes. Stir into pudding mixture. Refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with additional nutmeg if desired. Yield: about 2-1/2 quarts.
Originally published as Mock Eggnog in Country December/January 2001, p51
Reviews for Mock Eggnog
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 8, 2014
"This was much thinner and not as sweet as eggnog. It also did not have that distinct eggnog flavor. Not sure how to adjust the recipe."