“Come spring, I like a meal that doesn’t involve turning on the stove,” pens Alice Cibulka of Sun City, Arizona. “This hearty salad is quick, filling and fantastic. I round it out with lemonade, ice cream and a bunch of daffodils.”
- 1/4 cup frozen peas, thawed and patted dry
- 3/4 cup cubed imitation crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash salt and pepper
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 1 hard-cooked egg, sliced
- 1/2 medium tomato, chopped
- In a bowl, combine the peas, crab, celery, onion and green pepper. Combine the mayonnaise, ketchup, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; pour over crab mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled. Serve on a lettuce-lined plate with hard-cooked egg and tomato. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Mock Crab Louis Salad in Cooking for 2 Spring 2006, p64
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mock Crab Louis Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review