Mock Chinese Soup
I enjoyed this soup in a restaurant more than 30 years ago. It was so delicious, I had to ask for the recipe. Because it’s so simple to prepare, it’s a joy to make when you’re short on time.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup canned mixed Chinese vegetables, drained
- 1/3 cup canned cut green beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 17 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 580 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.