I enjoyed this soup in a restaurant more than 30 years ago. It was so delicious, I had to ask for the recipe. Because it’s so simple to prepare, it’s a joy to make when you’re short on time.
Featured In: 30 Soup Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup canned mixed Chinese vegetables, drained
- 1/3 cup canned cut green beans, drained
- 1 green onion, diagonally sliced
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Mock Chinese Soup in Reminisce October/November 2010, p44
Reviews for Mock Chinese Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2016
"I think the 'noodles' you are seeing are bean sprouts from the canned Chinese vegetables."
Reviewed Feb. 4, 2015
"We really did not like. Thought it was bland."