Mock Chicken Legs Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup cornflake crumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 pound ground pork
- 3/4 pound ground veal
- 12 Popsicle sticks
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups cornflake crumbs
- Oil for frying
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble ground meat over mixture and mix well. Shape a 1/4 cupful of meat mixture around each Popsicle stick to resemble a 3-in. log.
- 2. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and milk. Place cornflake crumbs in another shallow bowl. Coat each leg in crumbs, then dip in egg mixture and recoat in crumbs. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- 3. In an electric skillet, heat 1/4 in. oil to 375°. Fry legs, a few at a time, for 1 minute on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- 4. Arrange on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 240 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 374mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0g fiber), 12g protein .
Reviews for Mock Chicken Legs
"Thank you so much for posting this. When I was a kid back in the sixties and seventies my mother made this all time and I've been looking for a good recipe."
"Had these when a kid & loved them!! Thx for sharing"
"My mom made this for us in the late 40's and 50's. We loved them. Something made me think of them today and now I have the recipe!!!"
"My Mom used to make this too and I could never find the recipe. Thank you very much for posting it!"
"Super easy and very tasty! Even my kids loved them. I did also use about half bread crumbs in place of the cornflake crumbs and seasoned it to our liking."