Mock Caesar Salad Recipe
- 1/3 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 1/2 cup fat-free salad croutons
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk together the first seven ingredients. In a salad bowl, combine the romaine, croutons and cheese. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 5 servings.
One serving (1-1/4 cups) equals 90 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 299 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.