- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes, stirring often. Remove from the heat; cool. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
Originally published as Mock Apple Butter in Cooking for 2 Fall 2008, p37
Reviews for Mock Apple Butter(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review