Mock Apple Butter Recipe
Cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg mingle to create a mouthwatering blend of spices in this sweet apple spread.—Nannette Sharon, Tucson, Arizona.
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes, stirring often. Remove from the heat; cool. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
1/4 cup equals 82 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Mock Apple Butter
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC