Mochaccino Pudding Recipe
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 3 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon brandy, optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream and chocolate-covered coffee beans, optional
- 1. Combine boiling water and espresso powder; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, cinnamon and salt. Stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in brandy if desired, vanilla and espresso mixture. Cool for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Transfer to dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Garnish with whipped cream and coffee beans if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 cup: 212 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 115mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Mochaccino Pudding
"followed the recipe exactly and it came out fantastic."
"This is sooooo good! I would lower slightly the amount of cinnamon as it slightly overwhelmed the coffee or add a little more coffee. I'll try it both ways to see what works best for my taste. This is one I will definitely send on to my daughters as they all love the mocha flavor, too!"
"made it for aq dinner party I was having and everyone loved it,"