- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 3 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon brandy, optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream and chocolate-covered coffee beans, optional
- Combine boiling water and espresso powder; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, cinnamon and salt. Stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in brandy if desired, vanilla and espresso mixture. Cool for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Garnish with whipped cream and coffee beans if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Mochaccino Pudding
Sort By :
"followed the recipe exactly and it came out fantastic."
"This is sooooo good! I would lower slightly the amount of cinnamon as it slightly overwhelmed the coffee or add a little more coffee. I'll try it both ways to see what works best for my taste. This is one I will definitely send on to my daughters as they all love the mocha flavor, too!"
"made it for aq dinner party I was having and everyone loved it,"