Mochaccino Muffins Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1-1/3 cups buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 chocolate kisses
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. In another bowl, beat the egg, buttermilk, oil, coffee granules and vanilla until coffee granules are dissolved. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Spoon 2 tablespoons batter into greased muffin cups. Place a chocolate kiss in the center of each; top with remaining batter. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 221 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 322mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Mochaccino Muffins
"This is a tasty muffin. I used 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips and cup whole wheat flour."