Mochaccino Muffins Recipe
These airy muffins capture the wonderful flavor of coffee. Folks are pleasantly surprised to find a creamy chocolate center. Susan Wagers, Minot, North Dakota
- 2-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1-1/3 cups buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 chocolate kisses
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. In another bowl, beat the egg, buttermilk, oil, coffee granules and vanilla until coffee granules are dissolved. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons batter into greased muffin cups. Place a chocolate kiss in the center of each; top with remaining batter. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 425° for 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Cappuccino Muffins in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p46
Reviews for Mochaccino Muffins(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review