Mocha Walnut Brownies Recipe
These rich cake-like brownies are generously topped with a scrumptious mocha frosting. They're an excellent dessert to serve to company...or to share when you need a dish to pass. Be sure to hold back a few if you want leftovers! —Jill Bonanno Prineville, Oregon
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:24 servings
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- MOCHA FROSTING:
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup strong brewed coffee
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. In a microwave, melt the chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture. Stir in walnuts.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat frosting ingredients until smooth. Spread over brownies. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 321 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 184 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC