Mocha Walnut Brownies Recipe
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- MOCHA FROSTING:
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup strong brewed coffee
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. In a microwave, melt the chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture. Stir in walnuts.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat frosting ingredients until smooth. Spread over brownies. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 each: 321 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 184mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Mocha Walnut Brownies
"Great brownies, nice and chewy and the frosting is the best."
"Revision to my first review: Great frosting, really dry brownie. There are better mixes for chewiness. Make the frosting, but find a different recipe for the brownies"
"Really, really great brownie recipe--fantastic frosting also."