- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- MOCHA FROSTING:
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup strong brewed coffee
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a microwave, melt the chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture. Stir in walnuts.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat frosting ingredients until smooth. Spread over brownies. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Mocha Walnut Brownies
Sort By :
"Great brownies, nice and chewy and the frosting is the best."
"Revision to my first review: Great frosting, really dry brownie. There are better mixes for chewiness. Make the frosting, but find a different recipe for the brownies"
"Really, really great brownie recipe--fantastic frosting also."