- 4 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- MOCHA SYRUP:
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- Dissolve coffee granules in boiling water. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the flour, cocoa and sugar. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, butter, vanilla and coffee mixture. Add to dry ingredients; stir just until combined.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until crisp. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat maple syrup. Dissolve coffee granules in boiling water; stir into syrup. Serve warm with waffles. Yield: 12 waffles (1 cup syrup).
Originally published as Mocha Waffles with Syrup in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p191
Reviews for Mocha Waffles with Syrup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review