Mocha Truffles Recipe
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 pound dark chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- White candy coating, optional
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Beat in cream cheese. Dissolve coffee in water; add to cream cheese and beat until smooth.
- Chill until firm enough to shape. Shape into 1-in. balls and place on waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Chill for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate coating; stir until smooth. Dip balls in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Melt white coating and drizzle over truffles if desired. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Mocha Truffles(11)
Sort By :
I make these every Christmas and my family loves them. I also gave them as gifts this year. They are easy to make and look beautiful.
The taste was great - but they were so soft it was impossible to work with them. I even tried freezing them so I could coat them, but they literally dissolved as soon as I put them in the chocolate to coat them. I tried both dark chocolate and white chocolate. No luck with either.
Way too rich. I love chocolate of any kind but found this to be super rich.
I made these at Christmas but ended up with a lot left over and gone to waste, people just found the coffee flavor too stong.
Took these little guys to a Christmas party and they were a huge success. Definitely will make again.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Candy Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chocolate Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Gift Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Holiday Candy >
- Sweet Finger Food Recipes >