- 2 packages (12 ounces each) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 pound dark chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- White candy coating, optional
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Beat in cream cheese. Dissolve coffee in water; add to cream cheese and beat until smooth.
- Chill until firm enough to shape. Shape into 1-in. balls and place on waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Chill for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate coating; stir until smooth. Dip balls in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Melt white coating and drizzle over truffles if desired. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Mocha Truffles
"Inning combination of chocolate and coffee! It's a keeper!"
"These are very good truffles, like the coffee flavor and chocolate are winning combinations."
"yummy husband really likes i also chopped some pecans and coconut to roll some in very good"
"Way too rich. I love chocolate of any kind but found this to be super rich."
"I made these at Christmas but ended up with a lot left over and gone to waste, people just found the coffee flavor too stong."
"Took these little guys to a Christmas party and they were a huge success. Definitely will make again."
"I have used several different truffle recipe's and this one is by far the best. It was easy to do and tasted delicious. The only thing I did differently was cut the coffee in half."