One classic recipe I pull out every yuletide is for these dreamy creamy truffle cups. They're just so festive...and the smooth filling melts as fast as snowflakes on your tongue!
Recommended: Homemade Valentine's Day Candy
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 2-2/3 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2-2/3 cups red, green or white candy coating disks
- Red and green sprinkles, optional
- In a saucepan, heat cream and butter over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of saucepan (mixture should reach a temperature of 180°). Remove from the heat; whisk in coffee granules.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt milk chocolate chips. Stir cream mixture into melted chocolate chips until blended. Cover and refrigerate truffle filling until firm, about 2 hours.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt candy disks. On a baking sheet, place 30 miniature paper or foil muffin liners. With a pastry brush, brush inside of each liner with melted candy coating. Refrigerate to harden. Apply a second layer of candy coating.
- Carefully peel liner away from chocolate; discard liner. Remove filling from refrigerator; stir. If mixture is too thick, microwave at 5-10 second intervals until soft enough to pipe. Spoon filling into a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip. Pipe stars or rosettes into truffle cups. Cover and refrigerate. Garnish with sprinkles just before serving. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Mocha Truffle Cups in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2005, p47
Reviews for Mocha Truffle Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review