Mocha Truffle Cookies Recipe
Cocoa and coffee come together deliciously in these treats preferred by my husband. I like to make extras to tuck in gift baskets for friends and family.
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 to 3 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter and 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Remove from the heat; stir until smooth. Stir in coffee granules; cool for 5 minutes. Stir in the eggs, sugars and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; fold into the chocolate mixture with remaining chocolate chips.
- Drop by round teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until tops appear slightly dry and cracked. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Mocha Truffle Cookies in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1999, p30
Reviews for Mocha Truffle Cookies(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 17, 2012 Edited Dec. 22, 2013
Awesome recipe! A little crunch on the outside and smooth texture inside. I used 2 tsp of espresso powder instead of the instant coffee and they were amazing.
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Chip Cookies >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >