- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 to 3 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter and 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Remove from the heat; stir until smooth. Stir in coffee granules; cool for 5 minutes. Stir in the eggs, sugars and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; fold into the chocolate mixture with remaining chocolate chips.
- Drop by round teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until tops appear slightly dry and cracked. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Mocha Truffle Cookies
Sort By :
"Awesome recipe! A little crunch on the outside and smooth texture inside. I used 2 tsp of espresso powder instead of the instant coffee and they were amazing."
"I used 2 tablespoons of coffee & white chocolate chips and they were amazing. I couldn't make enough to keep everyone happy."
"Maybe but you really have to be a coffee fan, the mocha is intense and I love coffee. I would tone the amount down. BTW, I did use 3 teaspoons"
"This past weekened I made these cookies, but was disappointed to see how dry they were the very next day. The cookies were good the first day; especially after I tried a few shortly after I had removed them from the oven, as they were warm and oh so chocolately, (I loved the melted chocolate chips inside the cookies) but after a day or so, my husband and I did not care for them. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to give these cookies a much better review, but I am glad to see others enjoyed them."
"I made these spur-of-the moment and they were great! I used instant espresso powder for more intense coffee flavor."