Mocha Truffle Cheesecake Recipe
I went through a phase when I couldn't get enough cheesecake or coffee, so I created this rich dessert. Its brownie-like crust and creamy mocha layer really hit the spot. It's excellent for get-togethers because it can be made in advance.
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 to 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 3 to 6 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, butter, egg and coffee granules until well blended. Press onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of a greased 10-in. springform pan.
- 2. In another large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in milk and melted chips. Dissolve coffee granules in water. Add coffee to cream cheese mixture. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Chill overnight.
- 4. Just before serving, in a large bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Beat in sugar and extract until stiff peaks form. Spread over top of cheesecake. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 484 calories, 28 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 389 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC