Mocha Sandwich Cookies Recipe
I've had cookies that melted in my mouth, but not as much as these do! The buttery shortbread cookie really complements the mocha filling. —Anna Sylvester, Sylvania, Ohio
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 to 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted and finely chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and cornstarch; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Shape dough into 3/4-in. balls; press lightly to flatten. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
- 3. For filling, in a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar. Beat in cream and extract. In a small bowl, combine the cocoa, coffee and boiling water; stir to dissolve coffee granules. Add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in almonds. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 4. Spread filling over the bottom of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 116 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 68 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Mocha Sandwich Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC