Mocha Sandwich Cookies Recipe
I've had cookies melt in my mouth, but not as much as these do! I've made several versions of these, but I like to make them as sandwiches with an almond-mocha filling. —Anna Sylvester, Sylvania, Ohio
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 to 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted and finely chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and cornstarch; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Shape dough into 3/4-in. balls; press lightly to flatten. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
- 3. For filling, in a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar. Beat in cream and extract. In a small bowl, combine the cocoa, coffee and boiling water; stir to dissolve coffee granules. Add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in almonds. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 4. Spread filling on bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 116 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 68 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Mocha Sandwich Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC