I've had cookies melt in my mouth, but not as much as these do! I've made several versions of these, but I like to make them as sandwiches with an almond-mocha filling. —Anna Sylvester, Sylvania, Ohio
Featured In: It's a Boy! Baby Shower Food Ideas
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 to 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted and finely chopped
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and cornstarch; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shape dough into 3/4-in. balls; press lightly to flatten. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
- For filling, in a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar. Beat in cream and extract. In a small bowl, combine the cocoa, coffee and boiling water; stir to dissolve coffee granules. Add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in almonds. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Spread filling on bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Mocha Sandwich Cookies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p65
Reviews for Mocha Sandwich Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review