Mocha Punch Recipe
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 cup instant chocolate drink mix
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup instant coffee granules
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 gallon chocolate ice cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Chocolate curls, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Remove from the heat. Add drink mix, sugar and coffee; stir until dissolved. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- About 30 minutes before serving, pour mixture into a large punch bowl. Add ice cream by scoopfuls; stir until partially melted.
- Garnish with dollops of whipped cream and chocolate curls if desired. Yield: 20-25 servings (about 5 quarts).
Reviews for Mocha Punch
Sort By :
I get asked to make this every Christmas (and I do!)
I made this for a casual gathering and it was a hit. It tastes wonderful and it's so easy to make!
After making this punch for the first time about 8 years ago at Christmas it has become a hit and a must have at every Christmas since then. Everyone looks forward to it. Forget the Egg Nog...they want this punch.
Made this punch for a Chruch Christmas Cookie Exchange and it was a hit. One lady said it was much better than Starbucks. I am going to make this for my family Christmas I think this will be come part of my families Christmas.
Had this at a baby shower and it was the best thing EVER! Tastes like a mocha frappe only better. They didn't put on the heavy cream or the chocolate curls and it was still plenty good. Will be making this for Thanksgiving.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Beverages >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cold Beverages >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Potluck Beverage Recipes >