I first tried this smooth, creamy punch at a friend's Christmas open house. It was so special and distinctive I didn't leave until I had the recipe. Having a frosty glass of this chocolate punch is almost like sipping a chocolate shake.
-Yvonne Hatfield, Norman, Oklahoma
20-25 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 cup instant chocolate drink mix
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup instant coffee granules
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 gallon chocolate ice cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Chocolate curls, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Remove from the heat. Add
- drink mix, sugar and coffee; stir until dissolved. Cover and
- refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- About 30 minutes before serving, pour mixture into a large punch
- bowl. Add ice cream by scoopfuls; stir until partially melted.
- Garnish with dollops of whipped cream and chocolate curls if desired.
- Yield: 20-25 servings (about 5 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 254 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.