- 6 cups water
- 1/2 cup instant chocolate drink mix
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup instant coffee granules
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 gallon chocolate ice cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Remove from the heat. Add drink mix, sugar and coffee; stir until dissolved. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- About 30 minutes before serving, pour mixture into a large punch bowl. Add ice cream by scoopfuls; stir until partially melted.
- Garnish with dollops of whipped cream. Yield: 20-25 servings (about 5 quarts).
Reviews for Mocha Punch
Sort By :
"Because my family and I are not coffee drinkers, I knew I'd need to alter this recipe if I wanted to use it. I did, and it worked out great! I leave out the coffee and instead, I replace it with more instant chocolate drink mix. I think it tastes fabulous and my in laws requested I serve it at thanksgiving this year!"
"I made this a long time ago for a Christmas party and I've been looking for the recipe ever since. It is delicious ! So glad I found it again,!"
"I get asked to make this every Christmas (and I do!)"
"I made this for a casual gathering and it was a hit. It tastes wonderful and it's so easy to make!"
"After making this punch for the first time about 8 years ago at Christmas it has become a hit and a must have at every Christmas since then. Everyone looks forward to it. Forget the Egg Nog...they want this punch."