- 6 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup instant chocolate drink mix
- 1/4 cup instant coffee granules
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 gallon chocolate ice cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Remove from heat. Add sugar, drink mix and coffee; stir until dissolved. Refrigerate, covered, 4 hours or overnight.
- About 30 minutes before serving, pour mixture into a large punch bowl. Add scoops of ice cream; stir until partially melted. Top servings with whipped cream. Yield: 25 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Mocha Punch
"What size punch bowl and was chocolate milk or hot chocolate mix you all used?"
"Because my family and I are not coffee drinkers, I knew I'd need to alter this recipe if I wanted to use it. I did, and it worked out great! I leave out the coffee and instead, I replace it with more instant chocolate drink mix. I think it tastes fabulous and my in laws requested I serve it at thanksgiving this year!"
"I made this a long time ago for a Christmas party and I've been looking for the recipe ever since. It is delicious ! So glad I found it again,!"
"I get asked to make this every Christmas (and I do!)"
"I made this for a casual gathering and it was a hit. It tastes wonderful and it's so easy to make!"