- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 large egg white
- 2 cups salted shelled pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place sugar, cocoa and coffee granules in a small food processor; cover and pulse until finely ground.
- In a bowl, whisk egg white until frothy. Stir in pumpkin seeds. Sprinkle with sugar mixture; toss to coat evenly. Spread in a single layer in a parchment paper-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until dry and no longer sticky, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool completely in pan. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 cups.
Reviews for Mocha Pumpkin Seeds
"I didn't have coffee granules on hand and I subbed out the sugar for honey but otherwise kept it the same. I had trouble separating the pumpkin seeds so it's more like a brittle but I still think it's a hit. Both my kids like it and it's a great snack."
"Very tasty! Make sure you stir them so they don't stick together in a big clump."
"Very yummy snack and as Sue said~ one that's good for you! I even sub'd a coconut palm sugar that is a little healthier and came out great. Thanks Rebekah!"
"What a great recipe! I was looking for a "good-for-you" snack to take to work and these pumpkin seeds are delicious!"
"very tasty an excellent treat with a bottle of wine to give as little gift."
"My Family really liked them . I like to put some in my yogurt ."
"I didn't shell the pumpkin seeds but this came out great."