Mocha Pudding Cakes Recipe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- 3 tablespoons hot brewed coffee
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- Whipped topping, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Stir in the milk, butter and vanilla until smooth. Spoon into two 4-oz. ramekins coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Combine brown sugar and cocoa; sprinkle over batter. Combine coffee and water; pour over topping. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm or at room temperature, with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 227 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 294mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Mocha Pudding Cakes
"This was the first recipe I made from the collection "Desserts for Two" and it was a hit. My husband loved it and the size was perfect - a little something sweet for after dinner, but no leftovers to tempt us to eat more. I will definitely make this again sometime."
"Very good. A perfect "couples" dessert. A great end to our Valentine's Day meal."
"This is the best and so easy! My guests loved it and my husband is asking for more. I am going to try and double the ingredients because this only makes 2 servings and is just not enough! I am hoping that doubling everything will work out but I am a little hesitant to double the cocoa and I note that someone made it in a 8" square pan and said not to double the topping. So, I'll work with that. But a note, for the first batch I did not have Ramekins so I put it in a small dish. Serving it up was not as pretty so I definitely feel the Ramekins are well worth it."
"Very tasty Valentine dessert."
"It is picky husband approved. Its so simple to make & I almost always have everything I need on hand."
"Made it today and it was wonderful! I wouldn't change a thing."
"I thought it was very easy I did have to cook a little longer as the bottoms wasnt quite cooked all the way. It is very hard to get recipes for 2 so this was great."
"I made this on New Year's Eve for me and my husband--it was a hit! It was delicious and easy to make."
"OMG this is the most amazing, easy, fullfilling, incredible and the cheapest recipe i have ever done in my entire life.... I am a choc-aholic, and can easyly have an overdose of these amazing cakes..... thank you for sharing"
"I forgot to mention that I trimmed the points by replacing both sugars with Splenda alternatives."
"Great taste and easy to make! :)"
"Small dab of cherry ice cream and it is wonderful. Good enough for a company dinner party ... In bigger batches, of course."
"my mother used to make this - the recipe came from the jiffy cake mix boxes for a 9x13 pan - need the recipe"
"I don't like anything coffee flavored but other than that the recipe looks good. How strong is the coffee flavor? Can you just use the water instead of adding coffee?"
"I don't like anything coffee flavored but other than that the recipe looks good. How strong is the coffee flavor and can you just use the water instead of adding coffee?"
"I made these for my Mom last week and we loved them! They are so good!"
"This is one of my favorite recipes! Everyone I've made it for asks for the recipe!"
"These are absolutely AWESOME, and SOOOOOOO easy!!"