Mocha-Pecan Ice Cream Bonbons Recipe
These bite-size bonbons may sound tricky to make, but you'll find that fashioning them is a breeze. What's more, our cooking experts advise that you keep this recipe handy when you serve them—as soon as folks sample the treats, they'll be asking how to make them!—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups finely chopped toasted pecans
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream or flavor of your choice
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1. Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with waxed paper; place in freezer to keep cold. Place pecans in a shallow bowl.
- 2. Working quickly, scoop ice cream with a melon baller to make 3/4-in. balls; immediately roll in pecans. Place on prepared pan; freeze at least 1 hour or until firm.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Stir in coffee granules until dissolved; cool completely.
- 4. Working quickly and in batches, use a toothpick to dip ice cream balls in chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place on a wax paper-lined pan; remove toothpick. Return to freezer; freeze until set. For longer storage, transfer bonbons to a covered freezer container and return to freezer. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC