- 2 cups finely chopped toasted pecans
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream or flavor of your choice
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with waxed paper; place in freezer to keep cold. Place pecans in a shallow bowl.
- Working quickly, scoop ice cream with a melon baller to make 3/4-in. balls; immediately roll in pecans. Place on prepared pan; freeze at least 1 hour or until firm.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Stir in coffee granules until dissolved; cool completely.
- Working quickly and in batches, use a toothpick to dip ice cream balls in chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place on a wax paper-lined pan; remove toothpick. Return to freezer; freeze until set. For longer storage, transfer bonbons to a covered freezer container and return to freezer. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Mocha-Pecan Ice Cream Bonbons
"like icecream and want to make them for my friands."
"please consider putting the nutrition ratings in all recipes, so many of us have health issues and are trying to eat healthier. Most of the other cooking,recipe sites already do this. Thank you"
"this is like my favorite treat to eat during a movie so now I'm able to make at home while watching my Netflix rentals but these are even better. Just to be able to tell my hubby or friends....yes, I made these little bon bon treats created at home. It's quite impressive. you owe it to yourself to try this recipe...they are so much better than those little ones in a box. Oh and you can experiment with rice krispies,almonds...all kinds of ideas! Fun accomplishment"
"Delicious! I'm frequently asked to make these & share the recipe."