Mocha-Pecan Ice Cream Bonbons Recipe
These bite-size bonbons may sound tricky to make, but you'll find that fashioning them is a breeze. What's more, our cooking experts advise that you keep this recipe handy when you serve themas soon as folks sample the treats, they'll be asking how to make them!Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups finely chopped toasted pecans
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream or flavor of your choice
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with waxed paper; place in freezer to keep cold. Place pecans in a shallow bowl.
- Working quickly, scoop ice cream with a melon baller to make 3/4-in. balls; immediately roll in pecans. Place on prepared pan; freeze at least 1 hour or until firm.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Stir in coffee granules until dissolved; cool completely.
- Working quickly and in batches, use a toothpick to dip ice cream balls in chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place on a wax paper-lined pan; remove toothpick. Return to freezer; freeze until set. For longer storage, transfer bon bons to a covered freezer container and return to freezer. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Originally published as Ice Cream BonBons in Country Woman July/August 1995, p43
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Mocha-Pecan Ice Cream Bonbons(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 24, 2010
Delicious! I'm frequently asked to make these & share the recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >