Mocha-Pecan Butter Balls
When I was a little girl, one of my mother's co-workers would bring tins of assorted Christmas cookies for my sister and me. These were the ones I reached for first.
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup instant chocolate drink mix
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and confectioners'
- sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla. Combine the
- flour, drink mix, coffee granules and salt; gradually add to the
- creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans. Cover and refrigerate
- for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until firm. Cool on pan for
- 1-2 minutes. Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar; cool on wire
- racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 172 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 111 mg sodium,