When I was a little girl, one of my mother's co-workers would bring tins of assorted Christmas cookies for my sister and me. These were the ones I reached for first.
Recommended: 23 Amazing No-Bake Thanksgiving Desserts
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup instant chocolate drink mix
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla. Combine the flour, drink mix, coffee granules and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until firm. Cool on pan for 1-2 minutes. Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar; cool on wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Mocha-Pecan Butter Balls in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p65
Reviews for Mocha-Pecan Butter Balls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review