I found this recipe in a stack of old cookbooks my Dad gave me quite awhile ago. It's a wonderful dessert after a big meal.
- 1 package (9 ounces) devil's food cake mix
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup milk, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted, divided
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a 9-in. round baking pan. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup milk; let stand for 1 minute. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, coffee granules, salt and remaining milk. Cook and stir until bubbles form around edge of pan. Add gelatin mixture; stir until dissolved. Transfer to a bowl. Refrigerate until slightly thickened, about 1-1/4 hours.
- In a chilled bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Fold whipped cream and 1/2 cup walnuts into gelatin mixture.
- Line the bottom of a greased 9-in. round pan with waxed paper. Pour gelatin mixture into pan; carefully place cooled cake layer on top. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Just before serving, invert dessert onto a serving platter; gently peel off waxed paper. Garnish with remaining walnuts. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Mocha Parfait Dessert in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p76
Reviews for Mocha Parfait Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review