Mocha Nut Fudge
I was lucky enough to inherit my grandmother's cookbook collection along with all of her recipe notations. This fudgy candy earned high marks. —Brandy LaFountain, Marion, Michigan
36 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, milk and corn syrup.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil and
- sugar is dissolved; boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate chips, vanilla and coffee
- granules with a wooden spoon. Continue stirring until mixture is
- smooth and thick, about 5 minutes. Stir in walnuts.
- Shape into two 9-in. logs; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for
- 2 hours or overnight. Unwrap and cut into slices. Yield: 1 pound.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 each) equals 73 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.