- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, milk and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil and sugar is dissolved; boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate chips, vanilla and coffee granules with a wooden spoon. Continue stirring until mixture is smooth and thick, about 5 minutes. Stir in walnuts.
- Shape into two 9-in. logs; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. Unwrap and cut into slices. Yield: 1 pound.
Reviews for Mocha Nut Fudge
"Good fudge! I omitted the nuts (family preference). Next time I think I'll use less coffee and dissolve it in the vanilla extract, as I found it the flavour a bit too strong, and it was not completely dissolved. Otherwise, it was very easy to make and everyone liked it."
"I made this today, and I can't stop nibbling! So easy and so good! I used black walnuts and a superfine ground instant coffee a friend brought me from Columbia. I knew those two bold flavors could possibly overwhelm the chocolate, so I only used half what the recipe called for. The result is fantastic. I can't wait to do this again with different substitutions. Just a really really good recipe. 5 stars!"
"it tasted more like chocolate ganache than fudge"
"This was very good fudge. My only complaint is that it didn't make near enough to share! lol"