Mocha Nut Bread
This rich, dark-colored loaf features the unbeatable combination of coffee and chocolate. Family and friends can't eat just one slice.
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups sour cream
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups (10 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, coffee granules,
- baking soda and salt. In another bowl, beat eggs, sour cream and
- butter until smooth. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for
- 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10
- minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 292 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 174 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.