- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups sour cream
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups (10 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, coffee granules, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, beat eggs, sour cream and butter until smooth. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Originally published as Mocha Nut Bread in Best of Country Breads 2000, p32
Reviews for Mocha Nut Bread(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2012
I made this quick bread for a choco-halic friend. Very easy to make, very moist, & chocolity. Will highly recommend. Will make again soon.