Mocha Nut Balls Recipe
"These tender, flavorfufl cookies are so addictive, I always know I have to make a double batch. The family demands it!" Janet Sullivan, Buffalo, New York
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa and coffee granules; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in pecans. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 2. Bake 14-16 minutes or until set. Cool on pans 1-2 minutes. Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 69 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 24 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC