- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa and coffee granules; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in pecans. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 14-16 minutes or until set. Cool on pans 1-2 minutes. Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Mocha Nut Balls
"my husband loved thesedid not make 4 1/2 dozen"
"Really good, not too sweet. I don't think kids would like them, more of an adult taste."
"To dry for me."
"Crispy, dry cookie. YUMMY!"
"I was afraid these were going to be dry - and I really don't like mexican wedding cookies so I made these at the request of a friend with a heavy heart.Oh boy did I get a shock! To be honest, I didn't even want to try one to taste, I only did because she said I HAD to - and the look of bliss on her face made me steel myself and take one.. they are delicious. Not dry at all but the densest richest flavour and totally addictive.If you also don't like mexican wedding cookies and aren't the worlds biggest chocolate fan.. oh boy are you in for a shock! I can't wait to make them again. They are absolutely on my Christmas gift list."
"I have made these before and I think they are very good. Yes- sort of like a mexican wedding cookie for sure except I like better."
"I reviewed this recipe almost two years ago and made them again today (well, I've made them a few times) but this time the pecans I used were the Cinnamon Coffee Pecans that I found the recipe for on one of the TOH forums (don't remember which one). That made the recipe even more coffee-y (is that a word?) These are going to be served at a holiday open house. Who doesn't like coffee and chocolate???"