When time is of the essence, Lewy Olfson of Madison, Wisconsin mixes up this tried-and-tested mousse. The smooth blend of chocolate and mocha flavors satisfies any sweet tooth.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 3 tablespoons strong brewed coffee
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Place a small bowl in a larger bowl filled with ice cubes; set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate and coffee until chocolate
- is melted; stir until smooth and set aside.
- In a small heavy saucepan over low heat, whisk the eggs, sugar and
- salt until mixture reaches 160°, about 2 minutes. Remove from
- the heat; whisk in chocolate mixture.
- Pour into prepared bowl. Let stand for 5 minutes or until cooled,
- stirring occasionally. Add cream. With a hand mixer, beat until soft
- peaks form. Spoon into dishes; refrigerate until serving. Yield: 4