Mocha Mousse Recipe
When time is of the essence, Lewy Olfson of Madison, Wisconsin mixes up this tried-and-tested mousse. The smooth blend of chocolate and mocha flavors satisfies any sweet tooth.
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 3 tablespoons strong brewed coffee
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. Place a small bowl in a larger bowl filled with ice cubes; set aside. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate and coffee until chocolate is melted; stir until smooth and set aside.
- 2. In a small heavy saucepan over low heat, whisk the eggs, sugar and salt until mixture reaches 160°, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; whisk in chocolate mixture.
- 3. Pour into prepared bowl. Let stand for 5 minutes or until cooled, stirring occasionally. Add cream. With a hand mixer, beat until soft peaks form. Spoon into dishes; refrigerate until serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Mocha Mousse
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC